Conversations for Life
Conversations for Life provides an introduction to suicide awareness, support and prevention. This course focuses on communication and influencing vulnerable others before a crisis occurs.
Cost: NOW FREE OF CHARGE thanks to funding from WA Primary Health Alliance
This 4 hour training includes:
- An awareness of the prevalence of mental health and suicide in Australia
- An understanding of life events and determining social factors that contribute to mental illness
- The skills and knowledge to identify signs and debunk social myths
- Guidance from trained facilitators as you improve your planning and conversations skills and discuss the strategies that you may adopt when helping your friends or family members
- Problem solving and communication strategies that focus on mental health and suicide prevention
- Prepared conversation planners specifically tailored to high risk groups
- Information on crisis management
- Referral and support options at local and national levels.
- Certificate of completion
- Conversations for Life workbook
- Morning tea
Up Coming Training
Conversations for Life Next Course: Monday 30th August
Venue: Ngala Training Room 24 Gregory Street, Geraldton
Facilitators: Sarah Collins and Robyn Hunt Further Enquires and Bookings – please email : firstname.lastname@example.org Robyn on : 0428 381 545
FEEDBACK & COMMENTS FROM CONVERSATIONS FOR LIFE COURSES:
- Thank you, it was an informative and safe environment
- Thank you
- Fantastic – great job ladies
- Thank you, come into this group knowing very little about suicide/ suicide prevention. This group bought lot of light to the topic. Thank you
- Awesome, kept on track, great facilitation
- Great session – informative
- Really like the focus on social resources not just professional help
- Thank you both.
- Really great! I loved it.