Stronger Smarter Yarns for Life
This is a one-day, early suicide prevention training program created for and with First Nations Peoples, including Professor Chris Sarra of the Year, 2016 NAIDOC Person Of The Year.
- An awareness of the prevalence of mental illness and suicide in Australia generally and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- A strengths based approach to social support and suicide prevention
- An understanding of the unique factors contributing to thoughts of suicide for First Nations People, including the impact of colonisation
- The skills and knowledge to identify signs and debunk social myths
- Tailored Indigenous mental health conversation planning tools
- List of suitable referral, support options and resources at local and national levels
Up Coming Training
Time: 8.45 am until 4.00 pm
Venue: Ngala Training Room 24 Gregory Street, Geraldton
Facilitators: Derise Jones, Robyn Hunt & Sarah Collins
Registration essential for catering
For information & Registration: Ph: Derise 0409 266 722
FREE EVENT supported by WAPHA Morning and afternoon tea and lunch will be provided.
Register for Stronger Smarter yarns for life- Click here